Is has spoken long and laying on this topic and many of our customers we make this question. For this reason, from this new entry we will try to respond, in the humblest way possible, to it, although it is always advisable to consult a specialist, previously
Each is a growing number of women taking tea and infusions of a daily, with an average of 3 to 4 cups a day. Aromas of tea, we always defend the virtues of tea, but we also explain that not everyone can be consumed by everyone, especially when they suffer from certain types of diseases (chronic or not), and in particular, when they are pregnant.
It is precisely at this point that we we wanted to focus on this new entry. We want to offer you information about what types of herbs, teas or infusions can be taken in pregnancy, which is best avoided or considerably reduce their consumption and what are not recommended under any circumstances, according to experts.
But we don’t want to stop at this point and we are going to go to the next stage, that of breastfeeding. And it is during this period, although the intake of certain herbs and foods is broader, also should take precautions and include others that will not only increase the amount of milk that produces the lactating breast, but which will also improve its flavor and quality, providing more nutrients to the baby and healthy properties as calm colic, commonplace in their first months of life.
We have found very extensive information on this subject and not all agree, therefore we will also apply our experience and knowledge in this article. In any case, if you have any questions, we always recommend to attend the expert, i.e. to the gynaecologist, nurse or family doctor, out of doubt.
Teas and herbal teas that you can take during pregnancy
If this is your case, first of all, our most sincere congratulations. If is the first, sure that already start to know what means of truth it happiness and when have to your baby in arms, that meaning will be full. And is that not there is nothing more beautiful in this world that the maternity leave. Of course, not everything is rosy, but the overall result is totally positive. If it is the second or third child, sure that you you agree with us in everything we had.
But we have not come to speak of that happiness, but another type of happiness, rather, the small pleasures of this life, as it is to take a cup of tea or tea hot or cold. Really nice! And, however, you can not enjoy all varieties of tea you want during pregnancy. But quiet: they are only nine months and go flying!
Rather than talk about teas or infusions, in particular, would be more correct to talk about what kind of herbs can consume during the period of gestation, although we must also specify that there are certain teas, like green or black, containing herbs that then we are going to mention, but which is better not abuse (as well as the coffee in this period). Which no experts, recommend, in no case is the red tea, while it is true that it is one of the best natural remedies to stop vomiting, in other circumstances.
- Ginger: can consume during the entire period of gestation. In addition, in the first months, it helps to curb nausea.
- Rooibos: the tea of them pregnant by excellence. Not containing theine, there are no problems when it comes to take it. In addition, it strengthens teeth, something that many women suffer during her pregnancy, since they weaken. Being diuretic, it will help you to do not accumulate a lot of fluids in your body.
- Raspberry leaf: this great source of iron helps to tone the uterus during childbirth favors the expansion of it and after giving birth, prevents excessive bleeding.
- Mint: can also be taken during pregnancy and will be the best natural remedy for acidity that causes pregnancy in some women forget.
- Fennel: we normally we usually recommend to prevent menstrual cramps, but in this case it will bring you the iron you need, especially in those women who suffer from anemia during pregnancy and I facilitate digestion, also reducing the possible gas you have.
- Mallow: during pregnancy, there are many women who are caught colds, colds or sore throat. When this happens, don’t usually recommend taking any type of medication, however, an infusion containing Mallow, will not only help you to recover your mood, but it will help you avoid such problems.
And we do not forget the rose hips, thyme and orange blossom flower, that also can be consumed during this period safely, as match practitioners of obstetrics.
Teas and herbal teas that are not recommended or is discouraged during pregnancy
We get to the part that least like tea lovers: the having to limit or stop taking certain types of tea because they are dangerous at this stage of a woman’s life.
Before going on to mention the ingredients that you should avoid in your infusions (aromas of tea always specify what are compounds our products), we would like to stop in three types of tea: green, black and Red. The latter is usually discourage completely. Howevergreen tea and black tea if only a cup of tea a day is consumed or made from time to time during pregnancy, say experts that there is no problem, as there is no problem in eating coffee with caffeine, a once-daily, during this period.
In terms of the types of herbs or ingredients that should not take (or only very occasionally) are the following:
- Licorice root
- Romero (Yes in salads)
On the contrary, among the herbs that should never be taken during pregnancy, are the following:
- St. John’s wort
- Rhubarb (causes uterine contractions that can make abortion)
- MENTA Poleo (according to certain studies, can produce abnormalities in the fetus)
All of these herbs or types of tea they are also discouraged during breast-feeding, because that pass into milk and, therefore, the baby, also damaging their health.
Teas and herbal teas for nursing
Now yes, you have your baby with you! What happiness, right? Nothing more beautiful! But let us focus on our article and explain what type of teas and infusions can be taken during this period and which herbs or ingredients improve the quality of the milk. As for those who may not be taken, as we have already mentioned above, are the same that during pregnancy and the same happens with the kinds of tea that you can take: green tea and black, Yes, but with moderation, red tea, better not take it and white tea, blue tea, or rooibos, that you can take them without problem, since the first two only contain protein and the latter is completely exempt from it.
We, then, focus on the ingredients or herbs which improve the quality of milk and that also make its production more:
- green anise
- barley (to be possible, without alcohol, when taken in a beer)
Aromas of tea recommendations
If you would like to know what infusions or teas that we have in our online store you can take during pregnancy or lactation, we recommend the following:
- Rooibos: all, but if going to use the digestiv, best that only take a Cup to the day, since contains tila and is an of the herbs that, although not is harmful, is best reduce their consumption.
- Infusions: all, except the sweet dreams, which contains Chamomile lemon balm and Sage
- White tea: any of them
- Tea oolong (blue tee): any of them