A tea with milk or fruit smoothie. Until there this drink does not seem have no mystery. But and if are you add balls of tapioca? Is called Bubble Tea or tea of balls, a «invention» that was born in Taiwan to end of them 80 when a store of teas is dared to add pearls of tapioca to their products. Since then, it has become popular with great success, first in Noreteamerica and then in Europe. Cities such as Madrid and Barcelona have already joined the fashion, offering new experiences tastes more «in».
Sweet and fruity touches, the drink continues to be curious. Even though over time it has evolved into different formats, the origin of Bubble Tea is a green tea, red tea or black tea base to which is added milk or yogurt. Once you choose the base, added the fruit: pineapple, mango, Blueberry, hibiscus… and finally, add the ‘bubas’ or balls of tapioca – extracted from the yuca-similar to a jelly.
These small pearls the size of a marble and gelatinous consistency settle to the bottom of the glass, and thanks to a wider than normal straw, lead up to an explosion of flavors in the mouth. The result is a very energetic Smoothie, not just fat, rich in calcium, iron and potassium.
If not it have proven, you are encouraged to prepare this delicious recipe:
-Pearls of Tapioca. (Probably find them in a supermarket or Asian shop). Raw is sold and the appearance resembles small vegetables or white candy.
-Wide drinking straws
-Water and ice
- Bring to a boil the tea, as you usually it produce on a regular basis. Ready once, store it in the fridge.
- Prepare tapioca pearls. They should be boiled in enough water to cover them. Take a cup of Pearl and don’t stir for 15 minutes. This process is very important for starch does not join them and a cake is done. After that time, you can bite a to make sure it is done properly.
- Turn off the fire and cover the saucepan. Let stand for 15 minutes more.
- Drain the pearls of tapioca with a colander and wash in tap.
- Place ice in vessels where you will serve the beverage, preferably transparent to make look pearls of tapioca in the background.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of pearls to each glass and add sugar.
- Then, add equal parts tea and milk.
- Serve with a very wide straw to make tapioca balls go by it.
- Your Bubble Tea is ready to take!