Chai tea is native to India, which began being a natural remedy medicine ayurveda for becoming, today, one of the most appreciated and known inside and outside the Asian country natural drinks. According to hindu tradition, the Masala Chai has its origins in the emerging kingdoms of South Asia, what we know today as India, about four thousand years ago, when a King created this purifying drink as remedy within the traditional Ayurvedic medicine.
Healthy and particular flavour, this drink is made up of a mixture of spiced black tea. The traditional Masala Chai version uses the following: cardamom, clove, pepper, star anise, ginger and cinnamon; Although there is no a fixed preparation recipe and many families make their own version of the tea, depending on the zone where we are. In the West of the country, for example, they do not use black pepper or anise, made it with green tea instead of black and added almonds, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, and sometimes saffron.
Today, chai tea is very consumed by the popular classes and can be purchased through the streets via vendors called chai wallahs. In the last years, has grown of way surprising the taste by this drink full of aromas, flavors intense, with properties beneficial and stimulating.
The simplest method of preparing Masala Chai is to boil a mixture of milk and water with the leaves of tea, sugar and spices. After everything has boiled, you must remove all the leaves and spices before serving so there are no small pieces and only is liquid. The method may vary with each person and their tastes. For example, in some houses they can combine all ingredients together in the beginning, then boil the mixture and serve immediately. Others allow the mixture to cook longer or add spices later in the process. It is advisable not to let it boil too long because it creates a very bitter taste. Normally part of milk is consumed with ¼ or ½ sometimes part of milk.
As mentioned at the beginning, in their country of origin and due to the properties of the ingredients with which it is made, this tea is associated as a medicinal drink and its consumption dates back to 4,000 years ago.
The history of this drink is related with the Ayurveda, medicine traditional hindu that argues that the spices have properties healing. In fact, natives, considered it as medicine rather than concoction of delight. We know because its multiple benefits:
- Stimulating mighty: aromatics which brings the mixture of spices and black tea stimulates the nervous system and increase concentration. Used for its preparation – considered as hot spices – spices mixture, help to stimulate the organism in a completely natural way. In fact, it is suitable when we need to keep us active and we are lacking in energy.
- Digestive: various studies confirm that the pepper, the cinnamon and the cardamom have properties beneficial in the process digestive, activating the metabolism. Thus, it acts as a tonic of the digestive system, suitable in case of heavy or slow digestion. It soothes the stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, stimulate digestion and eliminates the flatulence. Nail, on the other hand, can help to all those people who have stomach ulcers to relieve symptoms.
- Cardioprotective: the tea black is a source of flavonoids and catechins, powerful antioxidants that help to reduce the cholesterol and protect our heart. If in addition combined with the Chai spices, antioxidant content is even greater. These substances help to care for our system cardiovascular, to improve the circulation and prevent the aging. In concrete, the pepper black helps to the metabolization of them fat, preventing its accumulation and accession in them arteries and the cinnamon regulates them levels of sugar and of cholesterol in the body.
- Anticancer: to the be a drink very rich in antioxidants natural, helps to reduce the risk of suffering cancer, acting to his time as a fantastic preventive natural.
- Prevents them colds: the antioxidant of the tea and the spices enhance our response immune. Between the properties of the cinnamon (rich in vitamin to, magnesium, vitamins of the complex B and zinc) relieves infections of the mouth and helps to them symptoms of congestion and influenza. For its part, the ginger, prevents against the symptoms of flu, the cold and the sinusitis.
Chai, also in scents of tea
At the beginning of the article, we detallábamos the different versions of the Chai tea, according to the place where it is produced. Interestingly this drink originally did not include tea leaves and was around 1830 when the Masala Chai black tea-leaf were included.
Today we found two more variations: one with green tea, which comes from Kashmir, and another with red tea or rooibos. Aromas of tea, we have created a delicious and authentic Chai black tea, as well as its variants of Green Chai tea and Tea white Pai Mu Tan Chai Rooibos Chai, playing with the intensity of flavors to create new and different sensations that will surprise you, but always based on the traditional recipe.
Our Chai black tea, has been prepared with typical spices of this hindu drink. Authentic and powerful flavor.
Organic black Chai tea, contains a few different nuances, with a touch of something more spice and is ideal for breakfast or after meals.
Tea Chai green is based in the recipe traditional that is prepares with tea black and is taken with water, but in this case it have dear prepare with tea green. Its flavor is somewhat more mild.
Tea white Pai Mu so Chai is similar to the chai green and black, but has a flavor much more soft, giving priority to them flavors of them ingredients with which has been made, especially those of the cinnamon and the anise by be them more dominant.
He Rooibos Chai is similar to the Chai with tea black, but the main advantage of this infusion is that is can take to any time, to the not contain caffeine. Also, the pepper that carries built-in you gives an interesting point to spicy, that it makes different from the rest, with a pleasant flavor.