Surely you’ve heard of teas that do not contain caffeine and are therefore suitable for all ages. But, do you know actually what is it caffeine? And caffeine? What are its benefits and its drawbacks? As well, it caffeine and the protein are the same substance, that is located of form natural in different food as the coffee, the tea, the cocoa or the guarana.
Originally, in the year 1819 is believed that were substances similar, but not the same. It was not until further analysis when it was discovered that, ultimately, was the same molecule. The difference in name is derivative that was once thought were substances similar but not the same, keeping this confusion until today.
However, we must note that in contrast to the caffeine, coffee, tea account with certain component making it is absorbed more slowly, although its effects are maintained longer.
The effect of caffeine on the nervous system can be dangerous depending on the dose. Alters the nervous system and the perception, as well as accelerate the heart rate. But as it happens as with almost all substances, caffeine also has its benefits, for example: stimulates physical and mental activity, increases concentration, develops mental acuity, makes us feel more energetic and alert, relieves fatigue and sleepiness and helps lose weight. After an intense exercise, caffeine relieves the pain of muscles or the famous laces.
Even if caffeine has important health benefits, we recommend to take it very moderately (up to 300 mg, equivalent to two cups of coffee, according to the experts advise) because that can pose health risks if we abuse it. As indicated from the Spanish Heart Foundation, caffeine can also raise blood pressure and heart rate, therefore it is advisable to limit your intake in patients with cardiovascular disease or high blood pressure. An excess of caffeine can cause, as well as commented, arrhythmia, irritability, insomnia, restlessness, nervousness, dependence, diuresis or diarrhea or nausea.
Some people are more sensitive than others to the effects of caffeine and can be counterproductive in many people suffering from determinades diseases such as hypertension, ulcer sufferers, people who have difficulty sleeping, those who suffer from arrhythmias, problems with liver, gastric reflux and glaucoma, among others. In these cases you can opt for infusions or rooibos (which is not itself a tea). Below, we have selected a list of drinks without caffeine but with energizing ingredients, so you can also enjoy its effects:
- Rooibos coconut tree. Multivitamin and very healthy. It is a good substitute for coffee in the morning or in the afternoon, since both chocolate and coconut will bring the energy we need to our body.
- Rooibos Praline Premium. Undoubtedly the best way to start or end the day with a pleasant and sweet flavor that will give us the energy and well-being we need in every moment.
- Rooibos Chocolate Chips. If you are tired of your breakfast coffee, but you need a natural beverage that you well wake up in the morning and give you the energy you need, this is your drink. Energetic and invigorating to face the tasks of the day.
- Enchanted forest Rooibos. If you need a refill of vitamins, this infusion will get it efficiently. Low in acidity.
- Tea green Ginseng passion. If you are you in the morning need to be activated, this tea will help you, thanks to the healthy and natural properties of ginseng.
- Infusion female vitality. For those days where you’d need a power cart to be the same as always, this infusion will help you to awaken all your senses. You will recover your strength and you will feel better inside and out