We talked about many times the antioxidant properties of certain foods, as well as some specific teas. Our body is equip with them is very important for our health, so today we devote this article, in which we will explain, briefly, what, how and what are its main benefits, in addition to providing some facts about foods that contain them in large quantities and, of course, what are the most antioxidant teas, which will help us to take care of our health. Happy reading!
Antioxidants: what are and what they help us
We speak of substances able to protect our cells from the harmful effects of free radicals. The latter can damage the cells and increase the risk of certain diseases, such and as they ensure different scientific studies, that is, that can cause damage to cellular DNA and, eventually, that damage can be irreversible and lead us to develop certain diseases.
And is that, to advance in age, our body suffers a process natural of oxidation, by this reason, the best solution and the more natural, is combat those radical free, through a rich diet in antioxidant. In fact, scientists are convinced that maintaining high levels of antioxidants in our body can help prevent many diseases related to age.
In addition, there are also external factors that damage those cells of our body and rust them more quickly, as it is alcohol, tobacco or pollution.
Main benefits of antioxidants
There are many scientific studies that agree to keep levels high in antioxidants in our body help reduce the signs of aging, minimizing wrinkles of the skin and improving the texture of it, as well as protect our body from harmful sun rays. But, in addition, it also has positive results in the prevention of degenerative or age-related illnesses, such as:
- Diseases Cardiovascular
- degeneration macular
- improve the system immune
- hypertension arterial
Where we find antioxidants
Now that we know the many benefits that antioxidants contribute to our health, it is worth mentioning how we can eat them or where those antioxidants.
In this regard, it is noteworthy that besides breast milk, we find in the following nutrients:
- pro-vitamin A or beta carotene
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
Nutrients found in a long list of fruits, vegetables, dairy products, cereals or meat, being some of the most prominent, the following:
- leafy greens
- citrus fruits
- goji berries
- cherries and grapes
- Apples and pears
- whole grains
- products dairy
- pure dark chocolate (cocoa)
- dried fruits
Moreover, we have to inform all our supporters, lovers of tea, there are two varieties which are part of the list of the best natural antioxidants, it is true that all have antioxidant properties. These two teas are:
- White tea: considered that greater antioxidant of all teas, also has a flavor more mild and fruity than the rest of the Teas, so take it is very nice for beginners in the world of tea, both for the more experienced. It is made with more tender buds of the Camellia sinensis, and for this reason, also contains very little protein, so you can take it at any time of the day.
- Green tea: in contrast to white tea, this one does that contains protein, although in smaller quantities than black tea, the most stimulating of all. Different antioxidants that contains green tea, include the following: A, C and E, selenium, melatonin, Coenzyme Q10, beta carotene and flavonoids, latter, more potent antioxidants mentioned tea. Green tea has been associated to the rejuvenation of the skin, as well as the slowdown in diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
And now that you know the names of some of the major antioxidants that nature gives us, what you think if we carry out combinations of them, like for example, teas, green and white, which combine the best of two teas with more antioxidant properties, or those who have flavors and citrus ingredients, as the green tea Rainbow, which contains Apple and bits of orange or the Andalusian green and white tea , in addition to Orange, it also contains almond and, therefore, provides the antioxidants of dried fruit. As a last example, it should be noted the Pai Mu Tan Cherry white tea.